Friday, February 13, 2009

Mushroom Blog

On my gchat status today I wrote that I would write a blog about the first suggestion I received. After trying as hard as I could to avoid my friend Neal's suggestions ("Arkansas", "Condoleeza Rice", "Why You Are Such A Wussy") I finally told him ok, and now you have this, "Write about mushrooms."

I have a love hate relationship with Mushrooms, so we're going to do it this way...

LOVE: Raw mushrooms in my salad. Especially if there is blue cheese on them. Or Ranch dressing. Or any other combination of cheese and dressing.

HATE: Cooked mushrooms. Especially in my spaghetti. No, especially on my cheeseburgers.

LOVE: Fried mushrooms. But, I mean, please, fry me up some shoelaces and I will love those too.

HATE: Poisonous mushrooms that kill people.

LOVE: Colorful cartoon mushrooms like in Alice and Wonderland.

HATE: That mushrooms are a fungus. I also hate the word fungus. It always sets off a chemical reaction for Dads everywhere to come up with a "Fun Guy" joke.

LOVE: The story about my friend in High School who was tripping on magic mushrooms and packed a suitcase full of only socks for her vacation. Then took the suitcase to the top of the stairs and accidentally dropped it making all the socks spill out everywhere while her mom looked on, confused. (This is the same mom who a year later would stop the singing of "Happy Birthday" at my friends party because she smelled "the marijuana" on some of the young boys and kicked them out.) I love all the stories about my friend from high school and her mushrooms.

HATE: That being said, Magic Mushrooms. I have never taken them actually, but the idea scares me. You eat a mushroom and then it looks like people's faces are melting and your house is overrun with chinchillas. Doesn't sound fun. Do people even do that anymore?

LOVE: The mushroom soup our friend Yaakov makes for Thanksgiving every year. It's sooo good. Yaakov acts like someone on magic mushrooms, but he's not.

HATE: The word mushroom. It sounds so damp and depressing. Defintely not as horrible though as my all time least favorite word, "Beverage".

LOVE: The idea of a mush room. A place where you could store all your mush.

HATE: The smell of mushrooms.

LOVE: That my friend has a cat named Mushroom.

HATE: Mushrooms in design, they always look so seventies.

LOVE: Getting a mushroom when you are playing Maria Brothers One from the original Nintento. My college roomate used to call this "The Biggeness"...when we played Mario Bros One...for an entire summer...in college.

That's about all I have to say about mushrooms I guess. Thanks!

4 comments:

D said...

"Maria" Brothers? I never played that game.

I also love the magic mushroom story where I screamed at the little person because I thought I was growing like Alice in Wonderland-- only to look around and notice that this one person just happened to be little.... and yes I was also in the quite research room of the Van Gogh museum, oops.

jer said...

i don't understand hating mushrooms. it's like saying that you hate water. why? they taste like nothing.

Dreamybee said...

I'm sending people from my blog to your blog to see these mushrooms. I hope that's ok. If not, let me know, and I'll de-link. Thanks!

Bea said...

Fine with me, but I didn't take the picture FYI, just grabbed it off the interweb somewhere!